International Initiative for Traumatic Brain Injury Research (InTBIR) Membership policy
Personal identification information
Personal identification information will be collected from Members in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when an individual submits a Membership Form, when Members contact email@example.com, fill out a form via https://intbir.incf.org/, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available to Members or on our website (https://intbir.incf.org/). Members may be asked for name, gender, email address and other information useful for coordinating activities and tracking membership demographics. We will collect personal identification information from Members only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Members can always refuse to supply personal identification information, although that may prevent them from engaging in certain InTBIR related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We will also collect non-personal identification information about Members, this may include but is not limited to, professional Institution and information relating to traumatic brain injury research.
How we use collected information
InTBIR may collect and use Members information for a range of purposes including but not limited to:
- Coordination of activities, sending invitations and supporting collaborative TBI initiatives.
- Reporting on InTBIR membership scope, diversity, range and capacity.
- Sending Members information and updates pertaining to InTBIR related activities and news. Email addresses will also be used to respond to inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
- Contact information of InTBIR members can be shared with other InTBIR members for research purposes, such as practice surveys, but only for the purpose and duration of a specific project.
- Members have a right to request that their information is removed from the InTBIR Membership Database at any time or kept in the InTBIR Membership Database but with restriction of use.
How we protect your information
All personal and non-personal information is collected and stored on the Membership Database. We make all best efforts and adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information and any other data stored.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Member’s personal or non-personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding Members with our other members of the traumatic brain injury research community for the purposes outlined above.
Your acceptance of these terms
By becoming a Member and using our website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our website or sign the membership form. Your continued membership of InTBIR and use of our website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Division of Anaesthesia
Hills Road, Cambridge
This document was last updated on 6 April 2022